Sunday, October 12, 2008

What's this thing called ART?

British Artist Damien Hirst
ART SCULPTURE: "The Incredible Journey"
Photographer: Shaun Curry



You know ART has a way of really grabbing a hold of you, and making you just feel so GOOD!

Every day is a NEW DAY when you take ART into consideration as you VIEW the world. ART is EVERYWHERE! You can't get around it.

SEEing as how you know how much I LOVE ART, I thought I'd share an interesting ART sculpture with you, and an article on the interesting ARTIST who made it. Here's the VIEW . . .

Damien Hirst, a British ARTIST in front of his magnificent artwork, "The Incredible Journey"
during a photocall at Sotheby's in London.

The Sydney Morning Herald did a wonderful story on Damien. John McDonald wrote about how Damien Hirst collaborated with Sotheby's to stage a two-day auction of 223 new works that netted £111.4 million ($245.6 million).

That event, which went by the alluring title Beautiful Inside My Head Forever, has generated an avalanche of comment and publicity.

And they say that ARTISTS starve . . . I beg to differ. Okay, maybe 'beg' isn't the right word to use. Ask Damien if that is true. . . 'ARTISTS starve' . . . HA! ~ I think NOT. And, I'd wager to say that Damien would agree with me.

René

No comments:

NEW Followers who have something to SAY . . .